Sunday, October 25, 2015

This is The End

So... I think I can officially say I'm done with the project part of the Gold Award.  I have the hours, I have the presentation time, and my trees are planted!!!  Within the past month especially, a lot has been going on.  I had about 8 hours of time spent talking to groups, final preparations for my trees were carried out, and I got them into the ground.

   It was difficult to actually find a place in the GCBS that was appropriate for them, but I did find a place eventually.

It was a four day process over two weeks:
Day 1-  I found a place for me to plant the trees. (no pictures of that day since it was just walking around)
Day 2-  I dug up any weeds to prep the ground and made two holes: one for my American Chestnut tree and the other for a Chinese Chestnut.
                               

Day 3- I planted the trees!! yay~


Day 4- I built, with the help of both my parents, a stone wall around the area.  And it's done!

  May they survive the upcoming winter months, please.  I hope for the best.  XD

  On another note, I did a lot of presenting... It's safe to say all of that stuff is out of the way now, and I have all the necessary requirements to submit my final report.  

  This won't be my last post since I plan to grow seedlings over the winter, but it may be the last post on my project's progress.  That being said, thank you for joining me on that journey!  All the support is much appreciated! 

- Elena

P.S.- Here a just a few pictures of me presenting. 






1 comment:

  1. Congrats!!! I have a small Christmas gift for you. Will drop it off.

    ReplyDelete